View Single Post
Old 08-12-2022, 10:42 AM   #616
6DoF

Re: Project: Tow-Rat (Lil' Blue)

so far, a very unpopular decision amongst the guys ... the 55 has been wrapped up and mothballed for a bit. realistically with the extra detail/effort, and with what is left to do, it wouldn't be street-able before winter anyways. so i have til the salt is gone to get it all right. i pushed to this milestone and feels gooood.

i need to fix/dial in a bunch of stuff on the 93 before winter. the rebuilt trans got a new input shaft, that input shaft is apparently sticking at the discs and doesn't allow clean shifting. have to pull it and file all the edges til the discs slide smooth. the t-case needs clocked down, and that'll require transmission cross member mods. that is to have better drive shaft angles so i can stop blowing them out. also swapping to a much better Spicer shaft and that requires new yokes axle and t-case. once all that is done i'm cutting out the entire rear suspension and starting over ... because you know ... #NotAProject. currently stock length 52" springs but 4" lift "dump truck" leafs and a factory 4" block. going to a GM 64" spring, 3" lift for a '98 1500 and a shackle flip to also eliminate the block. wish me luck.

an even more unpopular possibility is that i drop a TDI into my XJ right after. TDI needs a head, XJ has no motor currently, could use a better MPG 4x4, could use something to salt up rather than the 93 unless i need to, etc. should be a pretty straight forward swap, so we'll see.
6DoF is online now   Reply With Quote