View Single Post
Old 01-05-2023, 07:31 PM   #1
Ziegelsteinfaust

Cupped a arms vs shockwave bag over shock

I am now looking at a 69 4 door Nova this weekend after my search has kept coming up craps on the 10 other cars I went to look at.

So I was looking up things I can do to the car to dial it into what I need/want, and I thought of air bagging it. As I am looking at a couple of aluminum motors to drop in eventually for drivibility/mpg as they do not have a direct drop spring that would work with out experiments.

I know on our C10's people cup there arms alot of the time. Besides aftermarket control arms for conventional bags or shockwave style.

So I looked online, and could not find example of cupped 69 Nova or Camaro a-arms. As it seems everyone just uses shockwaves. Or atleast now they do.

Are shockwaves better now as I always heard they were not that great for the money. Or do they come into there own on the lighter car?

I have a spare set of a-arms I can cup while I drive the Nova to speed up fab time. Or if I mess up nothing lost.

Maybe there is a reason people quit doing it or never do it that I can not find.

Opinions.
Ziegelsteinfaust is offline   Reply With Quote