View Single Post
Old 07-14-2021, 10:18 PM   #1
AllGoNoShow

Headers with manual clutch linkage?

So I’ve used the search function, but unfortunately there seems to be some conflicting information or people saying what headers they run and not mentioning if they are running a manual or automatic. I just swapped in a “newer” Gen 1 SBC with an early style Tremec TKO 5-speed and am going to be running the stock (or near stock) clutch linkage. Previous owner put on short block hugging headers and routed the pipe to the outside of the frame but i don’t like it and it makes getting to the collector bolts a huge ordeal.

I now have a tranny crossmember with the exhaust holes on the side to run through and want to keep it within and above the frame (it’s going to be on a 4/6 drop so don’t want them hanging). What headers will work with the clutch linkage? I was looking at the mid-length ones, specifically Hedman, and they say every one of their headers will work with the manual transmissions, but then I look at pictures on here and it looks like the tubes/collectors sit smack dab where the z-bar goes, so I’m not sure if I can believe them. Anyone care to share what they are running?

Nick
Posted via Mobile Device
AllGoNoShow is offline   Reply With Quote