View Single Post
Old 12-26-2023, 12:43 PM   #40
Thadious

Re: 51 Chevy on a Ford Explorer Subframe - Time for a Different Frame Swap!

Actually, it's been a bit weird for weather here... We've had 2 drops of about 3-4 each and both have melted off. With the exception of a bit of ice here and there, it was a brown Christmas where we live.

I've been experimenting a bit with tires and offsets....

Tires are 28" (225 width and I like the looks of them for a truck and not a low rider pavement queen. I don't expect to be offroading or anything like that, but I also want a little bit of clearance to still keep it a truck!

As for the rims, I have a set of Ford mustang rims (the shiny chrome ones) and a set of Dodge rim (the silver ones) and have been looking at how the offsets are going to work out, but without the motor and trans in it, at the moment, I don't get the IFS settled out to see how the offset and steering will be in proximity to the front fenders. The Ford offsets that I have tuck a little nicer and will be my starting point for the front, but I want less offset in the rear to get the tires to come a bit closer to the rear fenders... they still tuck about 1" too far for my liking but do have nice clearance to the box... so maybe a little less offset and a wider rear, for traction!

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam - I will either find a way or make one.
If you don't have time to do it right the first time, when will you...

My new build - https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...70#post8958970
Thadious is offline   Reply With Quote