View Single Post
Old 11-30-2020, 10:38 PM   #1171
SoCoC10

Re: What did you do to your Blazer/Jimmy today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spf79 View Post
Busy Sunday/Monday for me. Mini-vacation.

I got my twin stick shifters altered with some heat force, this way they fit with the console and floor shifter. I marred up the shafts while doing it... grrrr... I might have to tweak them a bit more, trying to avoid them looking like dead spider legs.

Picked up a batch of powder coat pieces. This came to an extra 100 bucks more than than I was thinking. Apparently the wife remembered how much this was going to cost when I told her(I don't remember this conversation at all)what I was doing. Punch me in the face, please. Lol.

Ummm, I partially mocked in my tranny lines, finding the correct transmission adapters was far more difficult than it should have been. They come in 5' or 7' increments... 6' would have been ideal. ... I ended up with a 1/2-20 x 6an adapters.
Not sure what year my th350 is, but the hard line kit from advanced adapters was no worky. Oh, and the adapters showed in the picture that they came with O-rings. Nope, those are extra. Hardware store visit tomorrow.

Lastly, I unboxed my Painless kit. Long sigh. Pretty happy, almost on par with a AAW kit. I think they had to step up their game on the original wiring adapters. $615 out the door for a 28 circuit kit. This allows for the heated 2001 8 way power Denali seats and extra 12v plug-ins for the electric blankets. Having a convertible rig in Washington state isn't all it's cracked up to be. Slowly but surely. Happy Holidays.

Rum and coke time.
You are neck deep in that one! Is that Hugger or Tangier Orange? The drink is Well deserved!
SoCoC10 is offline   Reply With Quote