View Single Post
Old 04-24-2021, 07:35 AM   #1
Tug87

Barn Doors To Clamshell - Folding Bench Seats - Grill

HI All,

First thank you for being an invaluable resource when I was in search of a 3 door. As I wait for the 71 to arrive I had a few questions for the group...

- I will be looking to swap the barn doors to the hatch / clamshell in the near future. From what I can read many are going the opposite route. I don't expect there are many in my area who would be willing to swap doors and have ones in good condition. Is it worth it to ship / drive for original doors or are there quality reproduction ones to save time and hassle?

- The 71 I purchased has had a seat swap and doesn't have a third row. I could not find reproduction stock seats so I looked into TMI seats to maintain something close to a stock appearance. While they would work for the front, the second two rows would suffer as they do not fold. I've seen the seat swap threads and aside from a newer Tahoe set of seats any recommendations here?

- Can grills be swapped easily between years?

That's a decent start, thank you for the info! Looking forward to being a member here and sharing a little about this burb.

Best,
Tug87 is offline   Reply With Quote