View Single Post
Old 03-21-2016, 08:29 PM   #5
tmills213

Re: 6.0/4l80 build opinions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavymetl View Post
Are you insane? Nope.

Turbo wise, for low buck, check out the new On3 7875. The turbine is not so small to choke the 6.0 and should spool quickly.

As for the cam, the LS9 cam will require a front cover change and cam sensor. It's a GEN IV piece. I'd spend a little extra here, as many aftermarket cams are available which are made for a GEN III and work great. Tick, LJMS, Tooley, etc.

Converter is big bucks.
Fuel system is big dollars too. You can't run much boost on pump gas, so you'll need E85 or meth injection in order for the engine to live. Probably do the flywheel 600hp easily but not so much 600 rwhp.

Ditch the 3.73's for something taller. I've got 3.25 in my truck and it works great. Once your in the boost you don't need gears. Torque out the wazoo.

Everything else in your post makes great sense, truck manifolds work great and the LS9 gaskets rock. It's almost as if everything in turbo world is backwards; the engine/turbo is cheap, but everything else cost more. Heck I've got well over $1000 in fuel system alone.

Damn I just finished installing the 14B a while ago. It was to get me lower gears. it had 5.13 since it is a 3/4 ton with an inline 6 lol. I thought this would be a nice truck gear..at least options are available with 14b

The turbo looks like a nice package. will look into a little further. a turbo system just pops and sticks into my mind over NA.

Don't I need a TC that will play nicely with cam I choose? I will happily run stock to save some money

I will update the fuel system for sure. I like the in cab tank, I need to look for some options but am guessing the under bed is ultimately the best route.
tmills213 is offline   Reply With Quote