View Single Post
Old 12-15-2022, 01:10 PM   #499
TKCR

Re: Restoring OEM Seatbelts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getter-Done View Post
TKCR
I ask about seatbelt sleeves in your other thread.
I forgot about this thread.
I also follow your seatbelt thread on FB.

Someone mentioned the bucket seat sleeves and cutting them.

I received the set I ordered today.

I will give them a try to see what they look like with no twist like you suggested.

I will post back results if you want?

Here is a Picture of the sleeves.
Attachment 2235652
So I’ve been playing around with these sleeves, and here’s what I came up with. They are definitely not meant to have 2 belts in a sleeve, like our 81-87 belts are, but I managed to get them in there. But the bottom part where the bolt goes, that has to be cut off. The plastic sleeve is too rigid to get both thru to the bottom.
The sleeves can be heated up with a heat gun to get the curves. I actually could attempt to work on the bend a little more, now that I finally got both belts thru.
So will they work? I believe so, it’s just going to take some work. Of course I haven’t tried installing them into the truck, and thru the seatbelt bezels in the seat bottom.
I can actually see these working better for the 78-80 seatbelts & seats. Those belts come up between the top & seat bottom, and the belts are all separate. There are 2 buckles that in sleeves by themselves, and then another center lap that’s paired with those buckles, that’s not in a sleeve. See the last photo, those are 78-80 buckles. And their little anchors were exposed at the bottom, just like this test sleeve.
Attached Images

TKCR is offline   Reply With Quote