View Single Post
Old 05-04-2021, 01:18 PM   #250
Tempest67

Re: 51 Chev on a S10 frame, named Dale

Ok, The gauges were bothering me, as I tried to make the S10 gauges work in the original pods, but they did not read correctly (did not use PCM from S10) and my transmission is a 5 speed NV3500 with electronic speedo, so I was going to need a $300+ adapter to make that work.

I really liked the look of the original style NVU gauges, but just could not justify $1000 (Canadian) , so I looked for an alternative.

I found these Dolphin gauges, with mixed reviews on the board, but it seemed the majority of people were satisfied with them.

So , for $450, I ordered this set AND added little tach to match.

When they arrived and looked at them, I thought, how can I make these look better? , so, I opened them up, painted the needles antique white, and blacked out the 'Dolphin' name.

Then there was an installation problem. the factory holes in the dash were too big, and where am I going to put the tach?

so, I made 2 metal circles and welded them to the inside of the dash for the 2 large gauges.

For the tach, it fit perfectly in a scrap piece of a chrome tail pipe I had left over, so I cut a hole in the dash, welded the tailpipe in, used a little bondo to fill in the seam, and now the new gauges will fit.
Attached Images

Tempest67 is offline   Reply With Quote