Thread: 55.2-59 clean electronics install?
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2022, 01:53 AM   #4
leegreen

Re: clean electronics install?

I did something similar, a panel with the guts of the wiring slides up into the dash. held up with a couple spring clips
Name:  panel.jpg
Views: 230
Size:  55.8 KB
Name:  up.jpg
Views: 202
Size:  34.7 KB

Be nice if it was a little larger to allow more room to lay out the wiring neater, but if I made it any bigger it would not have fit where I wanted it, which is on the dash side of the cowl vent to avoid any prolonged drips. As it is I can cut a few zip ties and get at every wire and every wire is labelled.

Putting a panel at the back of the cab where the factory tank used to live is tempting, but you are going to have a lot of wires running back and forth to the dash.

Making it slide is a bit of a pain, there is about a 1 inch bundle of wires in a service loop to allow that.
Hinged open would be easier to wire and for future access if you can find a place to do it.

56 3100 - rad fan circuit for me lives mainly on the firewall and fan shroud. A circuit breaker near battery, relay near fans, relay trigger gets power from ignition and starts the fans when the thermal switch in block goes to ground completing the trigger circuit.
leegreen is offline   Reply With Quote