View Single Post
Old 11-22-2020, 07:28 PM   #125
Love 70 Chevys

Re: Project: Montezuma

Thank you for taking the time to give me such a detailed explanation and I appreciate the tips on the template. That is double trouble if the length of the flange is also not long enough! I am going to go the route you did. Something is still bothering me though. I have collected a few sources on floor replacement (all low hump), but the pictures of the low hump step do not look as large as what you had to make it. It seems like there is no way yours could be in the wrong place if all your measurements to the top of the floor are the same as the original. The only other thing that could potentially throw a monkey wrench into the height thing is if the distance of the cab support rails underneath the floor are "shorter" than the orginal. If that were the case, Then the top of the new floor would need to be lower than the top of the old floor to make the whole cab be at the right height when it mounts back on the frame. Is the distance in the pic below the same on the original and repo floors? I mean it should be, but you never know with a copy!
Attached Images

Love 70 Chevys is offline   Reply With Quote