Thread: 71 Blue Jay
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2022, 02:32 PM   #71
JamesRKing72

Plywood bed, 71 Blue Jay

Some other fixes and updates also happened over the last year.

With the light electrical issue where I updated a lot of the lights and tried fishing out why some would and then would work randomly I got a new dome light. Ordered from LMC, I didn’t like the white and the original one had chrome/silver so I painted it. Looks better and now I have light.

I also finally repaired the wood bed so I would be able to haul stuff. And the bed moved around a lot when I drove. I ordered rails and bolt kit from Mar-K here in OKC. I should have just got the chrome ones so I didn’t spend three or so days painting the steel. I do like the blue rails though. I bought a sheet of 3/4” plywood (this was before the prices got out of hand) and ripped it down on my table saw. Then used the router table to make the groves on the sides and some Thompson’s water seal. Even after all the measurements it still ended up off but whatever. It’s usable, looks better and I got a good ab workout from the 100’s of times I got under the bed then in the bed to tighten all the bolts.

Next project is to build a camper for the back. It’s so hard to find a retro one that isn’t either rotted out or overpriced.
Attached Images

The Blue Jay build thread-
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=516989
JamesRKing72 is offline   Reply With Quote