View Single Post
Old 12-07-2011, 09:46 PM   #19
Atommik

Re: 51 Chevy 1/2 ton, My S10 swap

To protect the back of the unit from dirt and water I made an extended headlamp bucket from aluminum flashing formed into a tube. This will be bonded to the back of the original bucket. The bulb, socket and "igniter" parts will be in here as well. I'll put a removable cap on the back for bulb access. If you are planning to really lay your truck out flat on the ground, there could be some clearance problems with the extended bucket. For the headlight lens, I cut a piece of clear Lexan to fit just inside the chrome ring that held the original headlamp in place. The silver control module will mount on the inner fender. The power will first go through a relay and then into the module. I will make gaskets to fit between parts to ensure that moisture will be sealed out. BE VERY CAUTIOUS WHEN POWERING THE HEADLAMPS!! The control module really bumps up the voltage and you can be seriously hurt if you get "ZAPPED"!!!

Depending on the type of donor headlamp you use, the modifications will be slightly differnet, but over all be basically the same.
Attached Images

Atommik is offline   Reply With Quote