View Single Post
Old 01-05-2022, 12:37 PM   #1
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

Question about switches and wiring

I can say what wire goes to where at this point, check continuity yadda yadda, but perhaps some practical knowledge is missing where a few switches are concerned.

Working on a 71 restoration, it hasn't seen a battery yet and the headlights are still in a box. A few questions please, any input appreciated.

1. The dimmer switch's tee connector is ight green for dimmer, light blue for light switch, and tan for headlights. Tan was on the RH terminal at the switch, same for my C20, but it's on the LH terminal on the replacement harness. That's my question

2. The A/C switch's two wire connector is yellow for the blower resistor and dark green for the compressor. The connector will plug in either way. I installed it as found, but if it doesn't matter, why?

3. The brake switch's two wire connector is white for the stop lamps, and it would seem orange is power feed. Same as above, the connector plugs either way.

If it doesn't matter, I suppose I'm asking for a practical reason why.

OT: Anyone know where to get single wire woven sleeves like you see in this picture? These are not the wrap-around type. Probably 1/8 ID. New harnesses have them, but I can't see where to buy anything but 1/4".

Thank you
Attached Images

71 Custom Deluxe, SWB, 2WD, 402, A/C. I developed an assm. guide "kit" for restoring it from ground up. With assys, the guide accts for 1000s details such as OEM identifications& part numbers, written in short order. 700+ images include assm, illust., charts, and points of interest. Much of the info. applies to all 67-72 GM trucks, and to a lessor degree all 67-72 GM vehicles. My build thread, and more on the guide https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=730025
71CHEVYSHORTBED402 is offline   Reply With Quote