View Single Post
Old 05-12-2022, 05:14 PM   #8
93M6Formula

Re: 1996 K3500 Dually Build

So because i'm way too particular and love spending money, I decided to change plans for the cab corner replacement.... Turns out there were still a few C pillar panels available for a GMT400 crewcab from GM, so I called my local dealer and they ordered them in for me. I feel like this will be the best method for rust repair because it will get rid of a patch panel seam on the rocker since I will be replacing the whole panel, and is as close to factory as it gets. Will only require the factory spot welds to be done. Also the right side of the cab had a bunch of dents on the corner for some reason so this will also eliminate fixing those issues also.

Another thing is I wasn't totally pleased with the quality of the patch panels I got and this would take a lot less work to get right since it's GM parts. The rocker replacements I got aren't too bad but I don't really have a choice there because uni-sides aren't available for these anymore if I wanted to go that route. But at least the only repair seams will be in the door pillars. I just want this as solid as I can so i'm not doing rust repairs again in short order. Now would have been the time to add in the style line to this piece that crewcabs don't have but I don't really want to get that deep into it... I believe regular cab B pillars fit the same as crewcab C pillars but those aren't available anyway.

1995 GMC K2500 ECLB 6.5L 4L80E
1996 GMC K3500 CCLB LB7 6L90
93M6Formula is offline   Reply With Quote