View Single Post
Old 04-08-2013, 11:48 AM   #64
Big Rat

Re: Big Rat's 1979 C10 High School Hot Rod Restooo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluex View Post
There are a few threads on it in the 67-72 section. They are a completely different animal from the 73-87. You do these right behind the cab an take out 14". On a 67-72 you have to do it under the cab an it's 12" i think. Stacy David just did a 67-72 recently on gears. Took him 15 mins!
Yeah, I've been gathering info on it for a while. I was hoping you had some secret truck magic you could share, but that's okay. Its 12 removed just behind the rear cab mounts and 8 removed from the rear for a total of 20 inches. Lots of good threads on here to make one, such as myself, sound more smarter about things n stuff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Elco View Post
Ummm.... Daily beater be needin' the headlight love, man! Woof!

Great work! Off to the blaster next?
Oh that little beast will be getting the royal treatment on them ther headlights! I just barely put the trans back in it and still have to get it registered.

With the frame I still have a couple little things to get removed. I'm thinkin I'm going to remove the crossmember before I can decide what I'm doing. I'm on a very VERY tight budget as work is just picking up for the season, so the little things, suspension and so on, will get blasted, but I'm going to see how far i can get on the frame with oven degreaser, a pressure sprayer, and a wire wheel. I don't mind the time consumption it will involve, especially if it saves me some money to spend else where.
Posted via Mobile Device

'69 C20 - Grandpa's 'ol truck
'70 Nova - Birthday present from the wife. She's a KEEPER!
'79 C10 - High school hot rod, BUILD THREAD
Big Rat is offline   Reply With Quote