View Single Post
Old 11-03-2013, 06:52 PM   #14
martyminnesma

Re: 72 chevy 350 running rough under load!

Quote:
Originally Posted by geezer#99 View Post
Timing!!
LIke I mentioned right off the bat!
Go figure!!
And your Eddy was rich smelling because of one thing. You where idling on the power circuit.
Which I also mentioned.
But you chose to ignore and keep spending money. And a lot more than I would to cure it. And you're going to waste a bunch more money. THat's good for the mechanic.
Now you need to figure out your timing curve!
I'd tell you what I ran but you'd ignore that too!
At least your mechanic will have a rich xmas!
ok, i can admit when i'm wrong. thank you for so humbly pointing out that you were correct. however, you didn't really explain why my timing was off and what adjusting it would do to fix it. also putting it to 16 degrees would still most definitely give me hot start troubles, not to mention a pre-ignition problem with the amount of timing my distributor already has. but, bumping the initial up to 10-11 has made a big difference as well.

i still disagree with you about putting the vacuum advance to manifold. there is a huge post by a long time GM engineer who worked with distributors on the hotrodders forum who explains why it should always be on ported vacuum unless you are running newer emissions stuff.

also my idle screws on the edelbrock were most definitely not running on the power circuit. the air/fuel ration when i put the truck on the dyno proved that. and whatever anyone says, a professionally tuned holly is a million times better than an edelbrock tuned by me.

please go ahead and tell me what kind of timing you're running.
what's your initial (16 you said?), what's your total mechanical? and what is your vacuum advance? I will gladly take your numbers into consideration. but every application is different so please don't assume you're always right.
thanks for your help though.
martyminnesma is offline   Reply With Quote