View Single Post
Old 01-06-2021, 06:55 PM   #75
Justin71105

Re: 1964 C10 fleet side swb

Only issue it brought up is how badly I warped my door when I welded in the patch or that it was already bent and I never noticed b/c i didn't have weather stripping.

The latch side on the bottom from where I welded to the bottom does not even touch the weather stripping.

It looks really bad....so I am going to order both new doors once I get the radiator in, hear it run and make sure the transmission is ok.

Also will not install anything on these old doors since they are already stripped of all the mechanical parts atm.

Ordered an air intake off amazon and went to install it today.

I have a repro battery box in its stock passenger core support location and the elbow off the throttle body in this kit is way to short to clear my alternator on driver side. As well as the tubing being 4" and my maf not fitting.

So I got all the parts in my cart to build my own air cleaner setup. A longer elbow 4" to 3.5", 45 degree piece of pipe 12", a 3.5 to 3.5 coupler for the MAF, and a 6" filter instead of the 10" in this kit.

Will be an Elbow coming off TB, then the MAF-coupler-pipe-filter. Will route to driver side behind the core support where the air vents are.

Also going to redo my brake lines from the Mastr cyl to prop valve. I am going to do the coils the same but go down to the frame and follow it to prop valve instead of mounting them to the inner fender. This will clear up the eye sore that the brake lines and power steering lines are causing me.

BTW - The lower radiator hose I got out of junkyard looks like it will work for the inlet and outlet on a radiator as far as the bends go. So I am going to use its curves to hunt down an 1.25" upper hose to use. Its a Dayco 71190