View Single Post
Old 07-04-2013, 03:09 AM   #1
Swed

Lightbulb Swed 62 Gauge Cluster update

Hey guys,
You originals will probably hate this but its my truck

I really didn't like the original 60-63 gauge cluster due to its simple lights telling me when engine is overheated and what not..
After a while of searching the interweb I found the deluxe cluster but wasn'nt pleased with the layout of it.
Here's a link to a picture of the deluxe cluster

Well, I started to think about to replace the gauges to something new, like autometer, dolphin and such.. but I felt that would be something a little too much money.
So what I did was to go over the interweb again and I found a 72 C20 cluster on Ebay and started to just compare the sizes of the gauges and found out that they looked very similar sizewise. So got that 72 cluster and got it home.
So my first little project started..

My speedo needle was in 1K pieces so I needed to find something to replace that with. So then I started off taking the needle off the 72 cluster. Found out very soon that the 62 speedo had a smaller pin to attach the needle to and when I rotated the speedo I made some funny noice so then I started to look if I could use the 72 speedo.

Well, this is what happened,

The scale is different I know but when I'm in europe I need to replace the USscale to Metrics anyway, and when the engine and trans has been changed I need to have new speedo gears too.

The speedo gauge has the same fitting so it was just to put it there, but when I flipped it over and was eager to put the black front plate on the trip scale was didn't fit.. So.. I had to flip the whole speedo gauge upside down so the trip scale was in the right position..

I figured that it can be changed but this isnt important because the scale is wrong anyway (US and not metrics) All holes exept one is there to put the trip scale right. So this is a winter project...

To be countiued..

--------------------------------------------------------------
Attached Images

* Audi A4 Avant Quattro TDI 2008
* Sachs Compact 50cc 1967
Swed is offline   Reply With Quote