View Single Post
Old 10-29-2020, 01:59 PM   #48
Rich72C10
Mr. Cheyenne

Re: Hard Starting Hot

Heard back from US Carb - it has test bad, as in they are going to throw it away. Something about it having a "hole" it in somewhere that was missed. They apologized that was missed in their QA.

Since I want the proper 72 Carb, I requested a replacement and they assured me it would be pre-tested thoroughly before sending it out to me. I figure, crap happens (always to me) and they have been great through this process. At least I now know my Carter QJet will make a good backup

So much fun fighting multiple issues with the fuel system! Speaking of which, the tank/nozzle was finished today. So she should be up and running later today or tomorrow. Then off to the muffler shop to have all the mounting bits checked and replaced as needed.

New GMCPaul's blank tailgate and hardware ordered, which that work will be done in Ft. Worth at Anderton Paint & Body Shop. Which Insurance paid, minus my deductible.

Oh, any my visor instructions arrived too - it's straight up just like OEM and the material its made out of (like some kind of fiber)
Attached Images

'72 Chevy C10 Cheyenne *Super WHT/MED BRONZE/WHT
SBC 350 | TH350 | LWB | AC | Buddy Seats
Upgrades: Tilt | Front Sway Bar | Radio | Sliding Window | Bed Spare w/Lock
Bed Rails | Full LEDs | Courtesy Lights | Tachometer | Glovebox Lock & Light | Head Light Relays | *Upgraded Fully Super Trim
Rich72C10 is offline   Reply With Quote