View Single Post
Old 10-25-2021, 08:01 PM   #162
sfont66

Re: '69 C10 - Black on Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDPotter View Post
It finally looks like a truck. We have the bed all put together and the hood is on. After putting the hood on the first time after painting, we discovered that the skin needed to be stretched away from the brace at the other back corner and ended up repainting it because of it. I want to let the clear cure a little longer before applying the tailgate letters.

Just need to put the windshield and back glass in it, install the seat, do a little wiring and top off the fluids and it should be on the road. That, and a couple days of cutting and buffing. Apparently I reached the pinnacle of my spraying technique on my last truck as this one has been a struggle getting a satisfactory finish straight off the gun.

Attachment 2141397

Attachment 2141398

Attachment 2141399

Attachment 2141400
Very nice work!
Huge amount of progress in a short amount of time.
Sorting out the fit on the hood is great to see , I took note of how the rear brace and hood skin needed to be separated , pulled out, and welded back.