View Single Post
Old 08-11-2019, 03:29 PM   #9
Livemeyer

Re: Left side tail light bracket

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr48chev View Post
What about flipping the bumper, getting rid of the "I drive a semi" lights and raising the bumper up so it is just an inch or so below the tailgate and tucked in and putting the plate between the pipes?
Yeah, about that...lights were a personal choice, and I get it if some people don't like them. I had a good friend come over the other day, I helped him load itunes onto his laptop, showed him how to sync with an old ipod, even took him to the store and helped him find a wireless transmitter so he could listen in his car... meanwhile he proceeded to criticize my truck - "what's with those lights? Why do you like those wheels? A razor blade and we can remove the sticker off the doors," the very same graphics I spent over $100 to put on...

I'm not building a stock truck to satisfy anyone. My truck, my personal preferences. Besides, I know if I remove the roll pan with the lights in it, you're going to see a very surface rusted panel behind it. Not going there...

Someday the truck will get a complete frame off, body work and repaint, but not today, I don't have those kinds of funds. So I'm working with what I have.

I do like the look of flipping the brackets and mounting tight to the body, but not today, not this current build.
Livemeyer is offline   Reply With Quote