View Single Post
Old 04-04-2022, 03:32 AM   #1673
Grizz1963

Re: GRIZZ’s ‘79 - 2WD BLAZER Challenge over in London, England. “~It’s not a Project

@pauly will attest to us all being young and happy once.

Or more than once.

6 plus years ago, Facebook reminded me over the weekend, the Chevy C10 was having its V8 and Transmission rebuilt and serviced.

Can it be so long already?

Of course if you,look at the “Not a Project” Prozac etc, it is easy to see.

So,Sunday morning I popped down to the garage early to unclamp fetch the dash and cluster for the next part of their marrying up.

It all takes time.

Masking up the cluster to fix the peak in position.

Once glued up, I wanted to mount my new large vice/vise on the welding table, which became a suddenly distracted clearing operation.

Including cutting up the proposed sunny day roof and trying it out on the car.

I think it is a clear NO.

After that, I got refocussed and started to measure, cut, glue the support strips for the side panels under the dash, over the tunnel.

I also created and prepped, then welded 11 studs to wide plates, to be used to pull the dash into the original fiberglass dash (what is left of it) once the vinyl and scrimmfoam,are applied, as well as switches etc.

Everything does take time

And the result.

I did other odd jobs like removing and etch priming the Land Rover door hinges, they will be black.

When @Nickwheeler came, it was coffee, chat and straight into electricals.

His mission and ambition was to connect the battery and see and hear some sort of life.

After some time he called me over…….

We could see that the ECU was alive, and how many miles the engi e had covered.

Time for coffee and sausage rolls then.

Next up, testing the front circuits.

Lights.

Then after testing he started to resplice the first LED headlight, removing the original plug, as we needed an extra 400mm length to make it all work.

On finishing soldering in new plugs etc, time for a test.

Ooooopppsss….. FAIL !!!

Perplexed we both stood retracing steps, testing plugs etc.

I had had a long day, and was stressing about Mondays two meetings, one may well affect me in a way that I do not care to be affected in.

So I actually insisted in us closing shop by 18.30 and go inside, have a couple of cheese and ham rolls and a well deserved alcoholic beverage.

Nick insisted on taking one more look though…….

But we found nothing at that point, packed away, closed shop and walked away, having hit a small wall.

Next weekend both of us have stuff on, so progress may be slower than we would like.

Hey Ho !!

For those that have managed to stay awake to this point, a quick rubbish 1 minute Video.

CLICK LINK

https://youtu.be/S6Wcetfch1I

VIDEO DOES SHOW IT ALL WAS WORKING.

SO WHAT COULD IT BE WITH REWIRING THE LED LIGHTS ?

Have a good week.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote