View Single Post
Old 05-14-2022, 02:17 PM   #790
ryans69chevy

Re: My 1970 GMC “Project Splice”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronald_70GMC View Post
Ok I'm going to try my best to answer your questions. As for my firewall, if you go back to page 9 post 211, that is where I started all my firewall mods. As far as what hole is for what, I essentially just plugged all but throttle, brake booster, column brackets and parking brake.

For the primer I used, it is called Upol High Build primer, I'll attatch a pic. The gun was one I borrowed from my dad. It is a gravity fed HVLP with the strainer screen removed or it doesn't spray primer well at all, nothing very fancy. My air setup is a 20 Gallon compressor that feeds into a second auxillary 20 gallon tank. From there, I run it into an air dryer, again nothing too fancy, it is one that doesn't use those little silicone beads or whatever they are. It works well for primer but if I was to paint with it, I'd likely have to make a few upgrades.

I hope this answers all of your questions. Thanks for following along with my very slow build.
Holy smokes, I guess I didn't check in on thread as much as I thought. I missed a bunch of your updates to your cab. That looks incredible!

After checking at my parents house, I realized I have a bunch of parts that were sandblasted or all the paint is removed. I should probably get a gun and shoot those. I will probably have to stop at a paint store and get an air dryer, gun, and primer. Did you wet the floor or anything special when you sprayed in your garage?
ryans69chevy is offline   Reply With Quote