Thread: "Jimma" Build
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2008, 03:02 PM   #10
Jimma

Re: "Jimma" Build

I could get some pictures but it is really nothing special, I literally took a strip of Velcro and stuck it across the window rail and and the bottom of the top. I did the same thing for the roll bar so I could wrap it around tight. To tighten it up to where it won't collect water I use the tie straps. I never intended on it being a long term solution, just something that would get me back and forth from work without getting wet. But the adhesive on the Velcro has held up from getting soaked and baking in the sun and has never let go of either the rail or top. I even drive it down the highway and all and it still has never come undone. If I have time I would go back and make another one that does a little better job at bridging the gap between the door glass and top.

Quote:
First of all, I'm about 25 miles due west of you. Secondly, the choice is yours. I believe the single will tops are more desirable because of their weight and I would think that the Jimmy would be more rare than the Blazer, but I'm sure there will be more guys chiming in with ore info for you. But ultimately the decision is yours and what you like.
Where exactly are you located?

I was wonder if anyone that has a straight body could measure the gap between the bed side to the where the door hinges fasten, I just want to get a rough estimate at how bad mine are sagging because the doors are hard to shut.

Last edited by Jimma; 06-04-2008 at 03:03 PM.
Jimma is offline   Reply With Quote