View Single Post
Old 04-29-2021, 04:10 PM   #29
Already Gone
70+ ( Old Skool Club )

Re: 1972 Cheyenne Super 20 on the way home

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.mud1 View Post
hi,nice to hear from you.my plan was to go get the truck as i've done 30 or 40 times over the last 40 years but covid messed this one up.i bought it with the understanding with the man i bought it from,that since i couldn't come get it,it would have to stay with him.that was no problem til mid febuary when he called to say it had to go by march 1st?so i was scrambling but then he backed off and said,no worries,we have some time but as time went on,we didn't have time.it had to go.i have an address in Calais,Maine where i ship car stuff to,so i called them to ask if i could send them a truck.no problem so that's where it is now.the plan was for a broker at the border to do the paperwork,then call a tow truck guy who lives right there at the border on the Canadian side,he can cross back and forth from Canada to the US as i guess they're essential,and drop it to me on the New Brunswick side where supposedly i could be there when it comes off the truck and put it on my trailer,and 5 hours,we're home,but then we have a big flare up in covid cases where we had been doing very well,Nova Scotia is shut down as of yesterday for 2 weeks and the border between New Brunswick and Nova Scotia is closed,since i have to drive across New Brunswick to get to the US border, i'm dead in the water.the paperwork at the border is being done,the truck is going to have to stay where it is in Calais,Maine and hopefully in 2 weeks,things will have calmed down enough that i can have the tow truck bring it over and i'll be able to be there to get it.if none of that works in 2 weeks,i guess it'll be back to the drawing board to come up with plan "B",whatever that is??thanks.Greg
Thanks for the info. Did you ever think in your lifetime that you wouldn't be to cross from one Province to another whenever you wanted to. Unbeliable what this Covid thing is doing.

Members I have personally met: MusicMan70 - HeavyD - ChewyChevy67 - StingRay -71SWB4x4 - 67 Burb - DeadheadNM - too much stuff - bc65 - das601

" Circumsatances Do Not Change Responsibility "

" The Sky is not the Limit, Your Mind is." Marilyn Monroe ..

RIP Charlie Watts 1941 - 2021
Already Gone is offline   Reply With Quote