Thread: Truck Weight
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2013, 12:41 PM   #7
Coley

Smile Re: Truck Weight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Already Gone View Post
My truck is a long wheelbase C10 with a big block and Turbo 400 trans and being a Chevy had trailing arms. Of the 4796 Lbs me, mom and the suitcase was probably 450 of it which would bring it down to about 4350 dry weight.
Posted via Mobile Device
Yeah, thats sound right in there with the info I got out out of the weigh stations, etc. Is yours an a/c truck?
Its funny how another 'option' in these trucks immediately adds 30lbs, 50lbs 100lbs....even a unsuspecting 'overload' spring option adds another 75lbs or a new set of oversize tires/rims.
I had a small 8' O.head camper that we used to have and we put the whole unit over the scales once when we were heading out on our holidays. I think the whole unit (1/2ton, us, camper, bikes, propane, supplies,etc) came in at around 6100lbs...which was about 700lbs more than the original GVW rating....oh well, no problems...those old GVW plates need updating anyways (LOL).
By comparison and like Syndromes info shows I took my '05 Silverado Diesel over the scales completely dry (2500HD Ext Cab/shortbox 4x4) over the scales....and it was 6800lbs...dry....LOL. Basically 700lbs more than my 1/2 ton and a complete camper/RV setup.
New vehicles are full of weight...leather, harnesses, gizmos everywhere, insulation,....more than they sometimes look like they weigh.
Coley
2005 Chevy Silverado HD2500/Duramax
2000 Dodge Ram 1500
Coley is offline   Reply With Quote