View Single Post
Old 02-18-2019, 04:30 PM   #17
89AKurt

Re: I'm legit again, my "new" '68 LB

Quote:
Originally Posted by '68OrangeSunshine View Post
OK, so you have the state copper historical plate on the rear. I wondered how the MVD allowed you to use a '69-'72 Yellow plate, but under current laws only the rear plate counts. I wanted to use the '73+ Orange plates I put on the '68 C/10 Stepside when I finally registered it in AZ c. '74-'75. In 1989, I had to change to the Maroon plates that are on the truck now. MVD wouldn't let me use the Orange plates as YOM [Year of Manufacture] plates.
On my '71 GMC Jimmy, I was in luck, as I had a Yellow '69-'72 plate with a 1971 sticker, even. So I was able to switch its Maroon plates, along with getting collector car insursance and '71 YOM plate and thus I escape having to run the truck thru annual emissions. I thought the '71 plate had once been on my Dad's '64 Olds wagon, but MVD said it did not trace back to my family. It may have been found in Chrystal Cave in the Chiricahuas. I used to collect license plates as a teen.
Now I need a White w/Black letters AZ 1966-'68 plate for resurrecting my '67 K/10 Suburban. I've seen them on ebay, but not currently.
Just for amusement [a lot of Beemers, Mercedes and Audis have moved into my neighborhood] I put a West German plate on the front of my pickup.
And a shot of the Yellow plate on my Jimmy.
I may have a spare '68 Gas pedal. You can have it free if you need it. Just reimburse me for postage.
AZ does not even have a front plate. I know people can use old plates for the real ones in AZ, I've seen Model Ts with really old ones.

Don't know if I should admit to having a white/black letters plate, that came off another of my dad's vehicles.

Funny about the Euro plate, but do they even look?

As you can see, I'm good on the gas pedal. That's an easy fix for me. The heater controls is another issue.