View Single Post
Old 04-10-2023, 10:15 AM   #7
special-K
Special Order

Re: Body work season !

I got the bodywork itch myself. I need to make a run to pick up the fenders and doors of mine a friend has had at his place. What a mistake! It was almost ten years ago I had a bed and pair of axles he bought laying here for a year or so. Since his brother (also a friend) does great bodywork, I decided to load my fenders and doors up along with the parts he bought to "speed things up" and run it all to him. I really wanted to do all the work on this '67 project myself. Well, I'll get my wish because his brother has been through a divorce and doesn't have a place to do side work. My parts are now hard to get to, so pretty involved coordinating in advance when picking up the parts can happen. It has been way too long and I'm ready to make this happen!

The cab is on the frame and where the bed goes had a bunch of lumber stacked on it. I sold off the cherry and now the bedsides & floor supports are only laying on 2 sheets of solid core maple finish plywood. Anytime now I'll be hauling that plywood down to a friend I gave it to so I can assemble the bed in place. With the bed assembled I can pile it's parts in it. I just want all the pieces to sit on one footprint at this point. Before assembling the front end I'd like to drop the engine and transmission in place. That way I can have the driveshaft and exhaust made. I want all the parts sitting on 4 wheels! I probably won't actually go deep into this project until after selling the house and in the next place, so making it easier to move is the goal. It will all come apart again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micmac View Post
It's gonna be over 60 in Downiest Maine today. I'm gonna take an Indian Chief on a date! (Not the one from the Village People, my 2012 Vintage).
Sound nice. My sister and buddy she married live Downeast near Sebago. He sold his bikes off a while back, though

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 04-10-2023 at 10:25 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote