View Single Post
Old 01-26-2021, 11:10 AM   #14
SCOTI

Re: Auto Tilt Lower Column Bearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy4639 View Post
Well here is what I got back. What do you think SCOTI?

Dear Andy Fisher,

Thank you for your inquiry,We appreciate your interest in our company very much.

According to your demand, we would be pleased to help you.
According to the size, we can provide and also have made this size, 3/4" ID, 1" OD, 5/32" Width.
We have checked your picture and can confirm that this is a full complement ceramic ball bearing . Can I confirm with you about the material of the inner and outer rings? This also looks like ceramic material. Please confirm.

The cost of ceramic bearings is relatively high. What is your budget for each bearing? Maybe we can provide more suggestions.

Please feel free to contact me If you have any questions.
I'm looking forward to your reply.
Best Regards,

Mila Lv
sales9@lily-bearing.com
Teal:86-21-54331360
86-21-51028316 ext:8028
Fax:86-21-51010235
I'll include my PM response to Andy4639 here for others to weigh in on....

I checked Lily out online after reading your thread reply but didn't see anything specific & figured it would require a more detailed inquiry. Thanks for reaching out to them.
Interesting reply from them & I'm curious what they consider as "relatively high"?

If it's a plug & play bearing that can be used w/the rebuild kits other parts, it may be worth the cost. But, there are rebuild kits out there already for $70-$90. I didn't purchase one of them for the exact reason I'm unhappy w/what I did purchase (spending almost $100 for crap parts vs. $30). At least w/the kit I got the plastic piece & retainer clip justifies the ~$30 price. It was a gamble hoping the bearing was decent. I didn't expect it to be the wrong size as well as being poor quality.

What would you be willing to pay for a plug & play bearing? $20-30ea (per bearing)?

I will also include the info that Summit Racing sent me a follow-up e-mail as a result of my 'product review' that was requested & posted to their site for the "Made in USA" Crown 4487696K Lower Bearing Kit. They asked if I would like to return the kit for a full refund since it has not been installed. My original plastic retaining piece is broken & there was no spring clip on my set-up so I still need those pieces & will keep what I paid for. My original bearing feels fine w/just a quick/mild cleaning (& w/o lube) so it will work if a decently priced alternative can't be sourced. Others may not be as lucky as I was in this instance so having a known quality source on a 'plug & play' bearing would be a benefit.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.

Last edited by SCOTI; 01-26-2021 at 11:20 AM.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote