View Single Post
Old 11-24-2020, 06:02 PM   #915
Grizz1963

Re: GRIZZ’s ‘79 - 2WD BLAZER Challenge over in London, England. “~It’s not a Project

Went to visit this girl today.

Had other business to deal with, but who would not say hi to her, came charging up to rub up against me and make a fuss of me when I got there, and hung around while I worked.

I went to drop off a set of 4 Mitsubishi 4x4 wheels with winter tyres that I had been given by a friend recently.

I know Darren will use or pass them on to someone who can use them.

I also needed too get some directions to where to go find the company that strips down delivery trucks and rebuilds them in the hope to get some of the sides to use in the carport build.

Typically when I got there, Darren was as hospitable as I have become used to over the years, kettle on, guided tour and chat.

Asking about lamp shades, as I wanted a gooseneck light on the carport, so we ended up back in the workshop.

Pointing at a pile of off cuts, and a tool, he suggested I make one myself.

While Darren carried on with his day job, I played with the wheel.

Soon enough it was not straight anymore.

And result, to be cut shorter, a mounting plate to be welded on at the right angle.

Cat seemed impressed that I could give her some attention again.

Darren had given me this ally shade from his stash of treasures to use toward making the light.

I know there are better ones out there, and gave away the two I had, years ago, so will figure out how to make this one work.

Unimpressive price

So over the weekend I will make and weld up a mounting plate after cutting this pipe to length.

So after finishing as Darrens, I headed out to the truck breakers.

Owner was not there, so I spoke to one of the staff, looks like I may get lucky at some point to get some of the fibreglass ply.

I also managed to get off their pile of scrap, a truck roof mounted aero wing came home in the back of the Galaxy, 2.2 meter long, it will probably end up over the patio doors, painted white. Allowing the doors to be open when it rains.

Galaxy rocks. SPACE !!

Lastly, another scrap pile find was this cup holder and cubby hole storage unit, with keys.

Will be used in the C10, always wanted one, but not at the price the make.

Good night.

PS: Life is Great.
Grizz1963 is online now   Reply With Quote