View Single Post
Old 06-09-2022, 12:06 AM   #2
Accelo

Re: Original Owner 72' C10 Short Bed Step Side

So Cool you have the family truck. Love them the best! Way cool.

You will love the LS. If you go with an automatic it will save you money. Starts every time with out touching anything but the key. Mine put down over 350hp at the rear wheels with a LS1. LS6 intake, headers and a cam. It's a handfull without the traction control of modern car.
Made my share of mistakes. Installed the motor with out the cab installed. Ended up in the wrong position. Had the driveline done also. Costly mistake. Nothing aftermarket fits the first with the exception of maybe the door handles. LOL
If your motor has a camshaft change, pick your cam and then purchase the one down from that! BTR Stage I truck cams are great without much hassles.
Always cost more than it should. I have almost 1K into my front window. Had to have the grey tint only available mail order. Shipping and the gasket and then purchased used stainless and had it polished. Then the insult to injury was $300 for the install.
Yes, this group has an amazing amount of knowledge. The group's wiliness to share makes the build so much easier. You are in the correct spot!
Cheers.
Accelo is offline   Reply With Quote