View Single Post
Old 07-28-2020, 08:12 AM   #11
special-K
Special Order

Re: 88 chevy 4 wheel drive fix it or junk it?

That is overbearing gov't right there. I was truly amazed when All about regulating the public Maryland rolled it back in a time when it is not uncommon the see 20 year old vehicles still in daily use. I ran the '92 I bought new for 22 years, working it every mile. I smell a rat. I figure they did it to encourage more improper use on daily drivers for those wanting to get around the one time, when first titling & registering, thorough safety inspection for their beater rust bucket, 4-tone, red tape tail lamp, Visqueen side glass Sentra so they can nail them. It sounds wacky, but not long after they went to 20 years, and you did start seeing the tail dragging Sentras with trunk lid strapped down over a load of tools with ladder on top displaying historic plates, now a crack down on the same laws for use that were rarely enforced all the years I've been driving are being enforced quite strictly.

On the other hand, they began a permanent plate/registration program for vehicles 50 years and older. I have no idea, really, why they kicked it back to 20, but I see it going the other way at some point. The law can't issue safety equipment violations to a vehicle that wasn't required to be inspected in the first place

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote