View Single Post
Old 08-01-2020, 07:20 AM   #15
Old Truck Man

Re: 88 chevy 4 wheel drive fix it or junk it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palf70Step View Post
Its just a way to get funds for the state. I do not know about every state, but most I have run across if you get an antique or classic tag, you also have restrictions on it (most it can't be a DD). Down here it is 25 years and no restrictions. Of course our tags are expensive here for newer stuff as many of you taxes come from the tag. I am told it was set up that way since so many folks don't own land (or didn't) thus they couldn't collect taxes. Far as the truck, as many said they are super popular. Folks down here will replace the engine multiple times to keep the things running. I am not sure I would trust the engine shown in your pictures. Way to much rust on the cylinder walls.
Yes it would need a rebore to be viable. Im kinda a hoarder have way too many projects. However I do sell stuff. In 1998 I went a entire year without buying one vehicle and sold 10 and lots of parts. My inventory is constantly changing it never gets smaller .At present Im actively Parting out 16 73 thru 86 square cab trucks. Mostly advertise on facebook Marketplace.
Old Truck Man is offline   Reply With Quote