View Single Post
Old 01-31-2014, 01:57 AM   #29
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Re: 400/406 Builds

Which Comp extreme 4x4 cam did you use?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjzepplin View Post
I built mine quite a while ago but here goes-.30 over silicon skirted forged flat-tops-file fit rings- ARP everywhere I could put them-Rods resized-line honed block- Stock heads redone with 2.02/1.60 stainless valves and bowls blended-unshrouded-screw-in studs-1.6 roller rockers hardened pushrods stock crank turned and polished .10 .10 clevite bearings and steel marine head gaskets high volume oil pump and 4x4 pick-up and baffled pan for hard-steep angles-Comp 4x4 extreme(mild lope) cam hydraulic lifters Carter electric fuel pump with oil pressure cut off switch and 670 cfm Holley 4x4 carb on air gap intake with rear plumbed to the front thermostat housing for full rear engine coolant flow.
Missed a few things but she still has gobs of compression and runs on pump gas just fine with the curved Hei dizzy. Built everything myself so I am sure all of it is in there.
Might one day stuff a bigger cam in but it runs so good why screw with it?
Hydroboost Mounting Plates HERE
Captainfab is offline   Reply With Quote