View Single Post
Old 11-06-2022, 05:04 PM   #122
Grizz1963

Re: What did you do to (or with) your truck today.

Once @frankenhealey got to the Volcano Lair he brought out the donor and spares or repairs mower.

14 horse power V-Twin.

Missing it’s carburettor a battery and of course not running.

Measuring the cutting deck, it became instantly apparent that it was not going to fit between the wheel arches, 47 inchest do not fit into 37 inches.

So we had to remove it.

Once loaded up the ramps, I pulled it over to the one side, using the wheel arch as a chock for the rear wheel.

Along with 4 corners on the truck strapped to the tractor.

Followed by adding a roller, Suffolk Punch mower with proprietary Chinese 87cc engine,with centrifugal clutch.

Closed up the rear……

Soft, car like suspension shows the load.

Once the truck was packed, we headed to Frankenhealy’s home for coffee, a chat with Mrs F and of course I got to play fetch with the dog….. best part of my day.

Until @Frankenhealey disappeared out of the kitchen for a few minutes, returning with two packs of Mts F’s Amazing, home made Pork sausages.

Seriously humbled, as I always am by these very personal gifts.

A drive around with Frankenhealey followed by being dropped off back at the truck.

After which I headed out homeward in the rain, which had not stopped all,day, except very briefly exactly while we were loading.

First stop was at the service station to fill up the truck again.

The idea was to see what the truck used empty, bit with the bed covered, compared with the load and no aerodynamics.

Return trip report in a bit.

Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote