View Single Post
Old 07-19-2009, 10:46 AM   #92
rodstored-72
chevy truck fan

Re: Got some new wheels: Boss 338's in 20x10 and 20x8.5

i am glad that people are sharing these issues on here. it is good to be a member of a board & have people actually give real life issues. i am looking for wheels as well & for a long time now, because i am not wanting any "fitment" issues. i guess i am old fashioned" that way... after reading all this i am wondering with all the issues for the wheel to fit what exactly was the original vehicle application intent from boss?? and i guess the same question for the coy's as well?? do the majority of manufact. just make wheels to "fit" on camaros & mustangs??? i would think that if i was making a wheel nowa days i would see about making a wheel to "fit" our trucks & the such & if needed "charge" a little more to make up for the "mods" needed to fit. anyways it seems that for all the trouble i have read & heard about getting what seems to be the most "popular" wheels to fit these trucks it would be in a manufact. good interest to see what could be done. i myself still like the idea of buying something for a vehicle & it fit!!! i am not saying that what is being discussed here is the buyer's fault or is, i just always here about wheels not fitting our trucks & wish that it is was "easier" to get a great wheel & not have to modify anything. anyways sorry if it sounds like a rant & i dont want to hijack i just really like the wheels & wished it wasn't soooo complicated to use them.. good post anyways thanks!!!