View Single Post
Old 04-21-2021, 11:42 PM   #13
Osker

Re: K20 basket case resurrection

It's been awhile. This happened a few months ago......Next was to get the bed taken apart. Grinding the bed bolts off was a long task but easier than drilling them out. I didn’t have decent drill bits and the ones I did use I ended up breaking, so it was the grinder that did the job for me.

The bed floor was decent in spots and wasted in others. It looked like it had a liner in it at one point trapping some water so it rusted heavily in spots. The rear sill was swiss cheese or baklava depending on your preference, maybe a croissant with a light flaky crust. At this point I decided on going with a wood bed in the future mainly because the shipping is outrageous on the steel bed floor. I put the steel floor on CL and someone bought it because they were converting from wood to steel.

After watching Craigslist someone ended up selling all the wood bed supports. I showed up for the supports and for the price of the supports I ended up taking home two decent bedsides and a tailgate the guy threw in the deal. The guy was putting a steel bed floor. He had a nice project going in his garage.
Attached Images

Last edited by Osker; 04-23-2021 at 12:37 AM. Reason: adjust pic rotation
Osker is offline   Reply With Quote