View Single Post
Old 11-18-2014, 01:26 PM   #100
FirstOwner69

Re: Urgent, need opinions on my new crate engine

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1972BlueC20 View Post
Wow that is a beautiful engine man!!

Where did you order it from? And what was the part number when you ordered it?

Did it even come with that EGR block off plate already?
Dipstick was included, just not installed. Goes on passenger side. Oil filter was included also.

EGR blockoff was included and installed.

I bought it in 2010 from a place on ebay in Kalamazoo, MI, that was a clearing house of sorts for excess GM inventory. They had 8 of them with a couple different part numbers. I talked to someone at performance parts tech support about the differences in the part numbers and was told the number I ended up buying (#19201329) had lighter pistons and one or two other changes. One of which may have been the 670 CFM carb instead of the 650 used on the earlier versions. They also told me they'd only made 8 of that version and recommended it.

I painted it orange, installed aluminum valve covers, an aluminum air cleaner top, and a dark air cleaner element to give it more of a custom look. I also installed the valve covers so the oil fill, PCV, and breather tube were in the original orientation for our trucks. Here's a picture of the installation.

EDIT: Looking at the picture reminds me of a couple other things. Don't forget return springs for the carb. The original throttle rod worked but I had to put a slight bend in it due to the mounting of a Lokar kickdown switch for the TH400. I think you said yours is a TH350 so your kickdown is a different animal. I didn't use the red plug wires that came with the engine as they didn't work with the ram horns. Plug wires are for a 76 or 78 Corvette.
Attached Images

Last edited by FirstOwner69; 11-18-2014 at 01:36 PM.
FirstOwner69 is offline   Reply With Quote