View Single Post
Old 12-11-2020, 09:23 PM   #131
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

Re: The build date project

Quote:
Originally Posted by 402Bowtie View Post
71CHEVYSHORTBED402,
I'm wondering if there are multiple layers of your sticker that maybe could be separated at the "date" corner. Perhaps the clear (that's no so clear now) top layer could be separated enough to reveal the next layer? It sorta looks like the layers became separated in that corner in your pics.

Perhaps this could risk more damage than it's worth, so proceed with caution if you decide to do this at all.

And I agree, it looks like a 3.
I agree it might look that way, but pretty sure it's not multiple layers. More water damage at that corner, IMO. I'll double check though, though I'm I'm feeling a little suspect now Truck has a build sheet, would have to pull the seat to pull it, but I'm confident it would be like pulling a dry leaf.
Just touching it some flaked off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geunther View Post
If you can send me the original photo. The chemicals can be destructive. But I think I see a "3".
PM sent
71 Custom Deluxe, SWB, 2WD, 402, A/C. I developed an assm. guide "kit" for restoring it from ground up. With assys, the guide accts for 1000s of OEM identifications and part numbers, all written in short order. 700+ images include assm, illust., charts, and points of interest. Much of the info. applies to all 67-72 GM trucks, and to a lessor degree all 67-72 GM vehicles. My build thread, and more on the guide https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=730025

Last edited by 71CHEVYSHORTBED402; 12-11-2020 at 10:06 PM.
71CHEVYSHORTBED402 is offline   Reply With Quote