View Single Post
Old 01-12-2021, 10:02 AM   #4
sick472

Re: Emblems & Badges

I have spruced up many badges and have found that applying enough spray paint to cover the sides and recesses and trying to NOT over-cover the areas that are supposed to be shinny gets them started in the right direction. Of course, it's not possible to direct the coverage all that well, but what you can do will help...then, after the paint dries really well, use very fine steel wool and love/rub the areas that are supposed to be shinny. It takes some time and patience (and in my case, stronger cheater glasses) to just rub off the shinny areas. They turn out real nice if you take your time and pay attention to the amount of force you use to rub the paint back off. Lower pressure cuts back on the steel wool wrapping around the edges onto the sides. I do not recommend gloss paint as it will show the fine scratches of the steel wool, but flat or semi works great. If you over do the rubbing just spot spray that area, let dry, and rub some more. The steel wool'n will shine up the chrome too.

1972 C10
1976 C10 (parts truck)
1985 K20
sick472 is offline   Reply With Quote