View Single Post
Old 12-08-2009, 06:05 PM   #8
gemiii

Re: Project "Mid Life Crisis Low Rider Burb"

Lots of rust!!! All 3 rockers, inners, complete a pillars all the way to the top of the windshield, both rear 1/4s, under the drivers rear door if there was one, firewall, front floors, spare tire well is gone, hatch, front floors a little, front cab mounts, bottom of front fenders and this is before blasting.

I am out laid off now so I am working on it full time. I think its January 2008. I rented a tag a long compressor and a 300lb blasting pot and blasted everything I could. Its a long day! My help didnt show so that didnt help. Ever sandblast in the cold? The hood fogs up and you cant see anything. I ended up using a welding hood with just a clear lens. Boy does the rust, paint and gunk come off fast. Then everything goes in the garage for etching primer. Im shot!!! Now there even less burb than I had before blasting.
The last picture is a drivers 1/4 that I bought with a nice hatch for $300. It looks pretty good and it looks easy to swap out LOL. It wasnt that easy but its better than fixing the rust. There was even more rust under that rust.
Attached Images

gemiii is offline   Reply With Quote