View Single Post
Old 02-04-2022, 06:58 PM   #57
mr.mud1

Re: 1972 Cheyenne Super coming apart to go back together

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT7A View Post
Greg, could you put pictures in here of your radiator work? I'm not ready to take the leap to aluminum, and would like to learn more about what's possible to do to fix and retain an oem radiator. Thanks! The steering column looks good.
hi,no problem.i finished up the column today and repaired the collapsable part of the steering shaft after shortening it all an inch or so and a smaller wheel to get it away from me a little.i did finally get one tank off from the rad core,the other tomorrow.it took a long time as i didn't want to destroy the core,incase i had to put it back together but it's a mess and the original GM rad,so it's 50 years old,i'll be ordering a new core from my rad shop guy,the old style copper/brass cores are made in Quebec so it'll take a week or 2,i imagine for him to get his hands on one for me but that's ok,lots to do,especially if my transmission is ready next week.i'll be busy putting the engine and trans back in.i built the rad in my 39 Chrysler,the 67 wagon and many more over the years,so 1 more won't matter,as long as i can still buy cores.i make more pictures as i make progress on the rad.take care.
Attached Images

mr.mud1 is offline   Reply With Quote