View Single Post
Old 02-14-2022, 10:51 PM   #71
mr.mud1

Re: 1972 Cheyenne Super coming apart to go back together

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike80D View Post
I know that had to be a bummer about the radiator. The manifolds came out "well done" they look great! Nice work on the emblems as well, talk about a steady hand. Thanks for bringing us along!
hi Mike,thanks.it's coming along,can't wait to see the engine and trans back where they belong,later this week it'll happen.i cheated a little on the emblems,i really didn't do much,i let gravity paint them for me.i dropped a few drops of paint in where i wanted it and tilted the emblems this way and then that,and watched the paint flow into where i needed it.when gravity ran out of paint,i'd add some more.pretty slick.i was ill when the rad was laying there on the floor.i wasn't fit to talk to for a day or 2 but i got over it.it's nothing some more money won't fix but i've spent a ton more than what a bunch of oil leaks should've cost but what are you going to do,fix it right or don't bother is how i operate.it'll be worth it in the end.stay tuned later in the week,we'll see the engine and trans back in between the frame rails.take care.Greg
mr.mud1 is offline   Reply With Quote