View Single Post
Old 01-03-2021, 08:36 PM   #70
Justin71105

Re: 1964 C10 fleet side swb

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88Stanger View Post
I have messed around with flats, and i will tell you this, if they rubbed alot ie. fenders, and such... they will transition to more of a satin in the "rub" area. My "69 I did in all flat and the fenders have a bit of satin to them. I really do not mind, i kinda think that is what i expected so i am ok with it. My "66 will be flat red with semi-gloss to gloss black highlights. So just understand that the flats can move a bit to satin in areas.
I am going to sand and re-shoot the front clip with a semi-gloss or maybe even gloss white and see how I like it. I love how the gloss black enamel came out on the headlight buckets and the backing of the clip.

Wanted flat to help "hide" some of the dents but after seeing the finish of that gloss I really like it. Going to be a very budget paint job anyhow, just some Rust-oleum professional through a hvlp gun in my garage.

Everything other than the body is pretty much brand new so it should be a good driver. Honestly I would drive it like it is if it was running right now.

Maybe in a few more years I will buy new doors/hood and I will take the time to really prep it for some real single stage paint. My door repair on passenger side is not very good but I don't want to drop $1200 on doors this year. Still have at least another 3-4k I need in interior/cooling system for the parts I want.