View Single Post
Old 01-14-2007, 01:33 AM   #1
Rokcrln

LFD's low buck truck build!

LFD's
Low buck truck build

This is a new project that I am starting at a slow pace when I have time between customer builds and life in general. It will be a diferent kind of build thread for this board. I will be showing all the work and most steps needed to do it your self. I will also be giving the hours spent for diferent tasks that I am doing so others will have a guild line for their own work. It may also help when looking for a shop to help you out on your project. I will be sharing any and all money I spend on this build. Some parts will be bought from normal shops, some will come from the wrecking yard and others will be donated or traded for Parts I have laying around here to help cut down on build costs.

I just got these trucks from another board member that lost interest. The build truck is a 70 CST LWB 350 auto, ps,pb, A/C, disk and rear leafs. The price of the truck is not important because this build is to show how much money and time can be extected for doing the same mods to a truck you already have or may be looking at buying.

Now for the build info.
I want to build a low dollar 2wd short bed that is capible of towing my 16' car trailer and look good at the same time but not so cheap that their are compromises in quality or reliability.

First thing is get it running and on the road as is. Then we will move onto the ride height, it will get drop spindles and lowered springs up front and in the rear I will keep the leaf springs and most likely do an axel flip kit, C-notch and a set of over load bags to level out the ride with the trailer hooked up.

Once that is done I will move onto turning the fleet side bed into a short bed and cutting the frame down as well. I will show step by step pics for taking your fleet side bed and with a little cut and snip end up with a short bed and also cutting down your long bed frame to match.

After that is done we will move onto rust replacement, body work and paint. I think this will be a fun build for all of us and I hope people get good info out of it. If you have any susgestion or coments please let me know, while I have a plan I will be following it is not set in stone and may change here and their just abit.

Kevin
LFD Inc.
Rokcrln is offline   Reply With Quote