View Single Post
Old 04-12-2022, 09:41 PM   #37
joedoh

Re: Help Please - 4x4 S10 swap questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by layinrocker65 View Post
The transfer case gets moved back in the syty swaps. Both run 4l80e which are longer then 700r4s, then require a 1/2" adapter for the transfer case pushing it even further back. Approximately 3.5". On top of that, the Sy 4472 cases have a longer output than the Ty 4472 cases(I have ran both with torsion bars). If the torsion bar cross member gets in the way in the back, just notch it. not a big deal given the amount of work it takes to swap frames.

noted.

the 4.3 needs moved back 7.25-7.5 inches to have room for radiator and fan, 5.5 for just a radiator. it might be possible to notch for the tailshaft at 5.5", at 7.25 i think the transfer case is in the same spot as the crossmember, occupying the entirety of it. an LS swap will need more than 5.5, seems like 7.5-8" rearward.

some guys mount their LS really high for using the truck pan, if he did that maybe the transfer case would be over the crossmember. i also saw a guy reclock his transfer case on a dodge, i think you can get the same kind of clocking ring for a chevy transfer case. Its all guessing by me.

really though, all the extra work (and cost) just to use the frame you have.. if you plan to keep it awd thats great, but you are plowing new roads here. you may not find explicit instructions on how to do it, but you will have my respect when its done.

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote