View Single Post
Old 12-28-2014, 02:43 AM   #2
oldschool18

Re: Rocker, cab supports, and cab corner replacement. In what order??

over the summer I helped my uncle do this on his 79 k10 and we did it all at the same time plus some of the floor. before we cut anything we took off the door weather striping shut the door and welded a piece of rebar to the inside of the cab door opening about 10 to 12 inches up from the rocker this will help hold everything in place. now we also had a ratchet strap around the cab and a jack with some planking under the floor but like I said we replaced a big chunk of the front floor and some of the kick panel. and if you only weld the support where the weather striping goes then all you have to do is cut it off when your done grind off the weld touch up the paint and the door seal will hide it when your finished. and when you put the rocker and cab corner on just lightly tack them on and shut your door to check your body line and clearance from the outside and the inside. go to youtube and just search rocker cab corner repair it might not come up with our years of truck but you might get some helpful pointers.

62 Impala
70 C-10 LWB
71 K-10 SWB
85 C-10 LWB==SOLD
01 2500 HD

Members Met......2003Silverado (Dave)
oldschool18 is offline   Reply With Quote