View Single Post
Old 12-19-2021, 03:53 AM   #31
mr48chev

Re: driver control arm 1956 chevy 3200

It's plenty strong to move the truck in and out of the shop, around the yard and what not, True I wouldn't want to drive down the highway with it butt welded steering arm but I don't think he will have problems moving it around.

Most of the laws on welded and or heated and bent suspension pieces in Canada and other places came about because someone with little or no skill welded it or heated and cooled the part wrong. That from the Washington State Patrol inspector who has inspected a couple of my rigs that I asked about our state's law on fabricated frames. Here you have to have a certified welder weld your frame or you have to have it inspected and passed by a certified welder. That would be a tube frame welded from scratch.

We have all seen some sketchy work if we have been around this game for a while. We have even had a bit of it show up on here on occasion. Bought rather than built in one case. That seems to be the case of sketchy stuff with this group though, someone goes out and buys a truck that some guy scabbed together that looks great from the outside but is a mess underneath.

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.

Last edited by mr48chev; 12-19-2021 at 04:48 AM.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote