View Single Post
Old 01-07-2014, 12:40 PM   #12
slowcpe

Re: '67 Stepper "Laymond"

Thanks for the compliments, I really like this truck so far. The goal is not do anything for the time being to take it down for an extended period of time. I'm going to enjoy it this summer and start building my drivetrain. Once that's done and all my other parts are collected, then it will be time to tear down over the winter. Then later will be bodywork/paint.

Steve Kelly, I've got a buddy that basically does that along with flips these trucks. The beauty of him is I get to rob parts without having to bring a whole truck home. My deal with her is as long as nothing sits outside I can have it. In other words, I'm not aloud to bring anything else home.

I need to get motivated and get the blue truck sold. After watching a Street Outlaws marathon last night, I now have the urge to turn that truck into a turbo drag truck. If that happens I will need to sell my open bow boat for one with a cuddy cabin since I will be permanently living in the garage and not allowed in the house.

Well not too much progress has been made on the truck in the last week. However I've been planning and purchasing. Plus I keep upgrading the garage with tools and such as I get aggravated when I don't have what I need or can't find it.

Last weekends project was reconditioning a 10' workbench/cabinet and storage cabinet I picked up from a buddy of mine. Now I have a place to put all the parts I take off AND have workbench space.

I did work on the interior a bit. I think I finally got all the leaves that were stored in the kick panel vents out. A few tries with the vacuum and a couple of trips to the parts store with the vents open and they should be all gone. I also tried to get the remaining carpet glue off the original vinyl mat and basically going to throw in the towel and purchase a new one.

Yesterday my '67 door handles I bought off of here and interior LED bulbs arrived. Next weekend should be productive as I will be working on some of the mechanical bugs and upgrading/cleaning up my dash.
1967/71 Blue SWB C10..SOLD
1977 SWB K10..my grandpa's.....never should have sold
slowcpe is offline   Reply With Quote